Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fresh words!

I haven't posted anything for a few days, and I have a very good reason. The best reason of all, actually. I have not posted anything because I have been, simply put, too damn lazy. I apologize, my babies (of which there are now 3!). The fracking neighbor is singing. Again. I believe I have now been treated to "There You'll Be", "Love Story", and "Somebody to Love". I can't be sure, since the songs she (I've decided I don't care about protecting my abuser anymore) sings are all melting together due to the shitty-ness of her voice. It's all off-key high notes to me. Am thinking of purchasing a karaoke machine and warbling "(If You Can't Sing It) You'll Have to Swing It" over and over, in tribute to the fact that not only is my neighbor a horrendous singer, BUT she is also a swing dancer, apparently. She sucks at that too, I would imagine.
I have a beef with a certain college I live near. I feel that maybe I have just had bad experiences with the students who attend said college, but all the same, I've developed the opinion that the people who go there are self-centered brats with pacifiers stuck firmly in their mouths.
I take a certain way to work, and it requires me to drive past the dorms of this college. Every single time I do this, no matter what time of day it is, someone is parked in the middle of the street. They aren't unloading or loading things. They're just sitting there with the hazards on. It's annoying, since the road is A) not that big to begin with and B) made smaller by the fact that people park on both sides of the street. If someone then double parks, there's next to no room to drive by, which makes me want to commit a drive-by.
Also, my neighbors attend this college. They strike me as... potentially socially retarded... If that's too un-PC then apologies, but who does karaoke in their apartment on a Tuesday afternoon? As far as I can tell, there's just one person singing, which suggests that she is alone in her apartment, singing (off-key) to herself. I refuse to believe she's in a choir, so I can't figure out why she insists on tormenting those around her. Oh yay! Kelly Clarkson's "Since You've Been Gone"! Sung with no feeling! AND SO FRACKING OFF KEY I WANT TO PERFORM A LOBOTOMY ON MYSELF! please help me.... Bee, you understand my pain!
So, yeah. I try not to judge, but these girls make it easy. Anyways, enough about that. I have a (possibly) special treat coming up: a short story I've been working on! Yay! Can I just break for a moment and say that I love pretending that anything I write in here is gripping to those few people who actually read it? It's funny to me to act as though a short story by me will have as much impact as the next Neil Gaiman work.
Returning to my previous thought, the story is a little dark (keeping in line with just about every piece of fiction I've ever written) but hopefully it's not a total pile of shit. When it's posted, I welcome critiques and comments, but please, be gentle. So...that's it for now, I guess. Until we meet again: keep it clean, kiddies!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading your story!!!

    I was praying for the end of 'Since You've Been Gone' until I realized that immediately after that she chose to sing 'Respect'. HEY NOW. Butchering Kelly Clarkson is one thing (she's Pop, she can take it) but butchering The Queen of Soul?!?! I won't stand for it! It's forcing me to retaliate...So if the Beastie Boys offends you, I apologize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, I'm always cool with the Beastie Boys. Bring it on!

    ReplyDelete